When it comes to indoor gardening, setting up the perfect lighting is vital to getting an excellent harvest. And getting the wrong lighting setup can ruin all your hard work. If you are considering changing or upgrading your LED plant lights, you might be a little lost about which types of LED lights are best for growing plants.
We know how challenging picking the perfect LED plant lights can be. There are hundreds of grow lights on the market, and new ones emerge regularly. In this guide, we’ve compiled the best LED grow lights for 2021.
What Are LED Plant Lights?
There are various types of grow lights, including incandescent, metal halide (MH), high-pressure sodium (HPS), fluorescent, and so on. But LED is considered the more efficient choice for several reasons.
First, they are more cost-effective than MH or HPS lights. Additionally, they consume less electricity and have low heat emission compared to other grow lights. And lastly, they have color optimization features that let you use the appropriate color depending on your plants’ current life stage.
These grow lights can provide a full spectrum that will enable them to mimic natural sunlight. They usually come in a white, blue, green, and red ratio, which acts accordingly with a plant’s current life stage.
The Best LED Plant Lights Currently Available.
1. VIPARSPECTRA UL 600W LED Grow Light
Bigger buds while saving energy. These cost-efficient LED plant lights have gone through meticulous testing to ensure both safety and efficiency. Their features include full-spectrum lighting that provides all the plants’ needs, starting from the early stages to when they are fully grown. These lights give away the same nutrients that plants get from the sun, earning you a bountiful harvest. Moreover, their reflectors are fire-resistant, making them safe to operate.
- 15.3 x 12.8 x 3 inches
- 11.6 lbs in overall weight
- It can be daisy-chained to allow growers to connect multiple LED plants lights
- A vegetative coverage of 3’ x 3’ and a flowering coverage at 22 inches
- Substantial light penetration despite protective, fireproof reflectors
- Lifespan of 100,000 hours
- A perfect alternative for 400w MH or HPS
2. Spider Farmer SF-4000
This light provides high-quality yields at a minimal cost. Spider Farmer SF provides maximum plant bed coverage while consuming less energy. Compared to HPS or MH lighting, these LED plant lights have an electricity use reduction of up to 50%. Additionally, it has a full spectrum of white, red, and blue, which provides all the lighting needs of every plant growth stage.
- A vegetable footprint of 6 x 6 feet and a flowering footprint of 5 x 5 feet
- Ideal for all growth stages
- Spider Farmer is suitable for most large planting projects
- Input voltage of AC 100 – 277V
- Minimalist design
- 100,000-hour life span
3. BESTVA D Series 600W LED Grow Light
BESTVA D series offers a much brighter LED plant light solution. Compared to otherLED plant lights, it has small dimensions but uses dual-chip LEDs that are 10w compared to others using 3W and 5W LEDs. Despite the dimensions, it has extensive coverage and is perfect to use for all your plants’ life stages.
- Heat dissipation features, which makes them run 50 to 60 degrees lower than other LED grow lights
- It covers a 4’ x 3.6’ area at 24 inches in height
- Allows your plants to meet all their lighting needs using a full spectrum of UV light, visible light, IR light
4. Roleadro 75W LED Grow Light
This grow-light is ideal for both hanging plants and growth beds. Roleadro grow lights mimic every outside condition as well as the same light spectrum as the sun. You can also adjust the intensity of the lights depending on the needs of your plants. These features will allow you to grow any plant, regardless of the season or weather outside.
- LEDs have a much lower heat signature
- 276 x 276 x 44 mm
- .95 kg in total weight
- Heat dissipation capabilities
- Higher brightness than most grow lights but at an affordable rate
- Lifespan of 50,000 hours
5. Kind LED K3 XL600
This new Kind NEW K3 XL grow light has secondary optical lenses along with a 12-band spectrum, which provides all your plants’ lighting needs. The manufacturer specifically designed this light for home growers and hobbyists. However, it equally provides the same benefits that most commercial growers get.
- 28.4 x 13 x 3.25-inch
- It has a 3’ x 4’ coverage area
- 24 lbs in total weight
- Life span of up to 50,000 hours
- Cooling system with small cooling fans for improved heat dissipation
- Better light intensity and a 200% better canopy penetration
LED Plant Lights Are Perfect for Your Indoor Garden
LED plant lights play a significant role in growing plants indoors. These efficient lights can provide your plants with all the necessary nutrients by mimicking natural outdoor conditions. Help your plants be healthy and strong with the correct LED plant light setup.
FAQs About LED Plant Lights
Incandescent lights, fluorescent bulbs, metal halide (MH), and high-pressure sodium (HPS).
The most noticeable differences are their dimensions and coverage rate. But they generally give the same benefits.
First, they are more cost-efficient than other grow lights like HPS or MH. Second, they consume less energy. And lastly, they have a lower heat emission compared to other grow lights.