Are pansies toxic to pets?

If you have pets at home, you need to be vigilant because pansies are toxic to them. When ingested in small amounts, pansies can cause minor symptoms, such as diarrhea and appetite loss. If taken in large amounts, your pets can experience convulsions and loss of consciousness. Any of these symptoms require a vet’s attention. Act quickly and have your pets checked if you notice sudden changes in their behavior.

Place your plants in hard-to-reach areas or hang them around your home to ensure that your pets remain safe even with pansies around. Taking these steps will give you peace of mind knowing that your pets aren’t in danger.

Fortunately, pansies aren’t toxic to humans. You can use the stems, leaves, or flowers of the pansy to add more flavor to your meals and drinks. Pansies have a peppery or wintergreen flavor that adds an extra “kick” to make your dishes more interesting.

Bergamo Woodworks
Scroll to Top