Are calla lilies toxic?

Calla lilies are toxic to both pets and humans. When ingested, calla lilies can cause serious symptoms, such as severe pain and swelling of the throat and tongue. These symptoms happen because calla lilies contain insoluble calcium oxalate crystals that target the sensitive tissues of the gums, tongue, and throat.

In some cases, the juices of the calla lilies can also cause severe pain, burning, and swelling when in contact with the human skin.

Bergamo Woodworks
Scroll to Top